76. In spite of the fact that today plenty of water is available due to the perennial Indira Gandhi
Canal in Rajasthan, why do many homes still prefer the Tanka System?
(a) Not enough to reach all homes.
(b) Water is not clean.
(c) Many do not like the taste of tap water.
(d) They feel more secure with the traditional system.
77. Which state is the first state in India which has made rooftop rainwater harvesting structure
compulsory to all the houses across the state?
(a) West Bengal
(d) Tamil Nadu
78. In which state is the 200-year-old system by using bamboo pipes still prevalent?
(a) West Bengal
79. In which place in Karnataka the people have installed, in their households’s rooftop,
rainwater harvesting system to meet their water needs?
(a) Amachawadi in Mysore
(b) Gendathur in Mysore
(c) Chatnahalli in Mysore
(d) Gohali in Mysore
80. In Rajasthan what is rainwater referred to as?
(a) Barsaat pani
(b) Baarish paani
(c) Palar pani
(d) Badal Pani
81. How is rooftop rainwater filtered?
(a) Using sand and bricks
(b) Using electric filters
(c) Using net system
(d) Using modern filters
82. Which of the following is a reason for water scarcity in a region with sufficient water to meet
the requirements of the people?
(a) Huge population
(b) Less rainfall
(c) Power requirement
83. Which of the following problems arises due to water pollution?
(a) Sedimentation of water bodies
(b) Water-borne diseases
(c) Discharge of industrial water
(d) Spawning of aquatic life
84. Which of the following data shows the percentage of global precipitation that is received by
85. Which of the following areas would you immediately associate with water scarcity?
(a) Deserts of Rajasthan
(b) The Ganga plains
(c) Hills of North-eastern India
(d) Coastal areas of Odisha
86. Which of the following is one of the largest artificial lakes of ancient India built in the
(a) Govind sagar Lake
(c) Bhopal Lake
(d) Dal Lake
87. Which of the following hydraulic structures is built in river basins?
(d) Water harvesting
88. Which of the hydraulic structures is not a feature of ancient times?
(a) Multi-purpose river valley projects
(b) Dams built of stone rubble
(c) Reservoirs or lakes
(d) Embankments and canals
89. Which of the following structures was constructed by Illtutmish in the 14th century for
supplying water to Siri Fort area?
(a) Water harvesting at Sringaverapura near Allahabad
(b) Bhopal Lake
(c) Tank in Haus Khas
(d) Irrigation work at Nagarjunakonda
90. In which of the following areas can you find one of the oldest water-harvesting systems of India?
(a) Sringaverapura near Allahabad
(b) Kalinga and Odisha
(c) Bennur and Karnataka
(d) Nagarjunakonda and Andhra Pradesh