111. White revolution involves improvement in the production of which of the following products?
(c) Maize or corn
112. Which type of farming has the use of higher doses of modern inputs like HYV seeds, chemical
fertilizers, insecticides and pesticides?
(a) Primitive subsistence
113. India is the second largest producer of sugarcane only after-
114. The oil seed in India grown in both Rabi and Kharif season is-
(a) Ground nut
(c) Castor seeds
115. Ragi is very rich in:
116. Choose the correctly matched pair about the major crops of India from the following options:
(a) Millets – North eastern part of the country
(b) Wheat – North western part of the country
(c) Pulses – South western part of the country
(d) Rice – South eastern part of the country
117. Fill in the blank: Agriculture contributes __________ to the national income of India.
(d) none of these
118. Choose the correctly matched pair about the main crop growing states of India from the
(a) Cotton – Meghalaya
(b) Rubber – Garo hills of Meghalaya
(c) Fibre Crops – UP
(d) Jute – Nicobar islands
119. Fill in the blank: Moong : Kharif , ______ : Rabi , watermelons : Zaid
120. Fill in the blank: Jute : Odisha, Cotton : __________, Rubber : Garo hills of Meghalaya
(a) Tamil Nadu
(b) West Bengal
(d) all the above
121. Choose the correctly matched pair about the agriculture pattern of India from the following
(a) Primitive subsistence agriculture – Dao and digging sticks
(b) Slash and burn agriculture – cotton and tobacco
(c) Intensive Subsistence agriculture – felled and burned vegetation
(d) Commercial farming – hoe
122. Fill in the blank:______________ farming is practised on small patches of land with the help of primitive tools
like hoe, dao and digging sticks and family/community.
(b) Intensive Subsistence
(c) both (a) and (b)
(d) Primitive Subsistence
123. Fill in the blank: Jowar – Karnataka, bajra – Uttar Pradesh, maize – ____________
(b) Madhya Pradesh
124. The commercial crop of Punjab and Haryana is
125. By what name is Jhumming known as in the Himalayan belt?
126. Which out of the following is a plantation crop?
127. Which of the following is not used in ‘subsistence farming’?
(b) Digging sticks
128. What is ‘Milpa’?
(a) A type of agriculture
(b) type of animal
(c) A type of tribe
129. The crops grown with the onset of monsoon.
130. Which one of the following rights has led to fragmentation of landholding size?
(a) Right to succession
(b) Right to information
(c) Right to inheritance
(d) Right to land ceiling
131. Cultivation of fruits and vegetables is called:
132. About 90% of Rubber demand is met by
(c) Tamil Nadu