91. Which country is the largest producer of oilseeds in the world?
92. Of which one of the following beverage crops, India is the leading producer as well as exporter in the world?
93. Which of the following types of farming is practiced in areas with high population pressure
(a) Primitive subsistence farming
(b) Intensive subsistence farming
(c) Commercial farming
94. Which of the following is the principal crop grown in areas of intensive subsistence farming?
(a) Yams and sweet potato
95. India is the largest producer as well as the consumer of which of the following crops?
96. Which of the following types of economic activity is agriculture?
(a) Primary activity
(b) Secondary activity
(c) Tertiary activity
(d) All the above
97. Which of the following are known as coarse grains?
(a) Wheat and rice
(b) Millets-Jowar, bajra and ragi
(c) Pulses-urad, arhar, gram
98. Which of the following crops is the main source of jaggery, khandsari and molasses?
99. Which of the following is the primary objective of India’s food security policy?
(a) To ensure availability of food grains to the common people at an affordable price
(b) To diversify crop production to increase income of farmers
(c) To provide insurance against crop failure
(d) To shift from food grain production to commercial crops
100. India is believed to be the original home of which of the following fiber crops?
101. In which of the following states of India rice is considered a commercial crop?
(a) West Bengal
102. In which type of soil does maize grow well?
(b) Light domat
(c) Old alluvial
(d) None of the above
103. Grapes are mainly produced in the state of ____________ .
(b) Himachal Pradesh
(d) Andhra Pradesh
104. Bhoodan—Gramdan movement was initiated by—
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Vinoba Bhave
(d) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
105. Grouping of small land holdings into a bigger one is called-
(a) Ceiling on land holdings
(c) Cooperative farming
(d) Consolidation of land holdings
106. Oranges are mainly produced in the state of-
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
107. Intensive subsistence farming is practiced in the area of-
(a) high population
(b) low population
(d) thick forests
108. Which one of the following statements is incorrect as regards to commercial farming?
(a) Use of heavy doses of modern inputs
(b) Crops are grown for sale
(c) Family members are involved in growing crops
(d) Practiced on large land holdings
109. The largest tea producing state of India is-
(c) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Arunachal Pradesh
110. A type of millet rich in iron, calcium, other micronutrient and roughage is-