61. HDI stands for ‘Human Development Index’ that focuses on Fill in the blanks with one of the following options:
(a) life expectancy
(b) gross enrolment ratio for three levels of schooling
(c) national income
(d) All the above
62. What would be the most promising source of energy fifty years from now and why?
(a) Petroleum energy, because it is obtained from fossil fuels.
(b) Solar energy, because it is not exhaustible.
(c) Coal based energy, because it is pollution- free.
(d) Forest product based energy, because India has abundant forests.
63. The total number of children attending school as a percentage of total number of children in the same age group is called
(a) net attendance ratio
(b) literacy rate
(c) gross enrollment ratio
(d) level of education
64. Dividing the total income of country with its population, we get (I.) Per-Capita income II. National income (III.) Average Income IV. Total Income
(a) Only III
(b) I and II
(c) All of the above
(d) None of these
65. The per-capita income of different countries is counted in which currency?
(c) US Dollars
(d) Canadian Dollars
66. Among Haryana, Kerala and Bihar, the lowest percapita income state is Bihar. It shows that
(a) Bihar has high standard of living
(b) People are earning less in Kerala
(c) Maharashtra has more number of rich people
(d) On an average, people in Bihar have low income
67. Development of an individual refers to
(a) mental development
(b) physical development
(c) spiritual development
(d) overall development
68. Development goal for landless agricultural labour is
(a) high prices for crops
(b) more days of work
(c) cheap labour
(d) pollution free environment
69. If industrialists want more dams then why do local people resist it?
(a) They will be displaced.
(b) Their lands will be submerged.
(c) Their will be no source of earning for them.
(d) All of the above
70. People may have different developmental goals; what is development for one, may even be___________ for the other.
71. The Human Development Report (HDR) published by UNDP compares countries based on literacy rate, health status and ___________
(a) National income
(b) Per-capita income
(c) Both (a) and
(b) (d) None of the above
72. A good way to measure the quality of life in countries across the world is by comparing their___________
(a) per capita Income
(b) human development index
(c) gross national income
(d) sustainable development
73. Which among the following is not a public facility?
(a) Transport and electricity
(b) Roads and bridges
(c) Private schools
(d) Government hospitals
74. The __________ helps in maintaining the nutritional levels of poor people by providing food at lower cost.
(a) BMI body mass indez
(b) PDS public distribution system
(c) GNI gross national income
(d) HDI human development index
75. Economic development by maintaining the natural resources for present and future use is known as
(a) sustainable development
(b) planned development
(c) human development Index